The vegan diet—or veganism—is a type of diet/lifestyle that involves the exclusion of animals (meat) and animal products such as dairy, eggs, and more from the diet. A lot of vegans also avoid foods that have been processed using animal products. If you have chosen to make veganism your lifestyle, you would be known as a vegan.
A vegan is a person who follows the vegan diet, but the term can also be used as an adjective to describe a certain dish or food item. While some vegans only avoid consuming animals and animal products, others go further by avoiding animal-based or animal-derived commercial products such as wool, fur, makeup, and others. There are different types of vegans who have varying levels of strictness in terms of how they follow this lifestyle.
These types are:
- Dietary vegans are also known as “plant-based eaters.” They avoid consuming animal products, but they continue using animal products like cosmetics and clothing.
- Junk food vegans aren’t concerned with their health as they rely mostly on heavily-processed vegan options. If you plan to go vegan, you may want to avoid being this type of vegan.
- Raw food vegans only consume plant-based food sources that are either raw or that have been cooked at temperatures lower than 118°F.
- Raw food, low-fat vegans are also called “fruitarians.” They rely mainly on fruits and only consume foods that are high in fats such as avocados, coconuts, different types of nuts, and more. However, they do consume other types of plants in small amounts too, but only once in a while.
- Whole-food vegans avoid all animal and animal products as well, but they prefer consuming whole foods such as nuts, seeds, legumes, fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
If you’re reading this post, it means that you’re interested in becoming a keto vegan. This is a fairly new type of vegan who combines the basic rules of the vegan diet with those of the ketogenic diet. In other words, you would be following a ketogenic plant-based diet. Later on, we will discuss this diet combination further.
These days, becoming a vegan isn’t as challenging as it was in the past. Nowadays, veganism has become a trend. Because of this, more and more vegan options are being made available to people who would like to follow this healthy and beneficial diet. Even if you started as a lover of meat, vegan-friendly substitutes these days taste just like the real thing.
This would make it easier for you to transition into the vegan diet. While some people can easily stop eating meat and other animal products, others struggle with it—even with all of the vegan-friendly options available. After all, this diet differs significantly from other diets, especially if you follow a diet that includes a lot of meat.
The keto diet allows you to eat meat and other animal products. So if you start by going vegan, you still have to make some significant changes to become a keto-vegan. The good news is that transitioning from the vegan diet to the keto vegan diet—or from the keto diet to the keto-vegan diet—isn’t just possible, it’s quite easy to accomplish as long as you know how to do it.
Of course, the more liberal you are as a vegan, the easier it will be for you to transition into the keto-vegan diet. But even if you’re following a very strict vegan diet, making this shift is still possible. It’s all about committing to the diet/lifestyle you have chosen to reach your long-term goals.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BOOK